OFF SEASON TRAINING AND TIPS
Coming off a big season, you need to take some time to let your body recover and rest. Those looking to improve and develop their game should continue endurance/cardo training as well as doing some strength and conditioning workouts. Off season is the perfect time to work on mechanics, speed and skills.
Stay hydrated and drink lots of water before, during and after training. Food nourishes your body and helps you function optiminally so make sure you are eating a balanced diet with a good amount of fruits and vegetables to help your body function during and recover after training.
HELPFUL OFF SEASON TRAINING LINKS
SOFTBALL NEW ZEALAND AT HOME TRAINING TIPS
Softball New Zealand have released a series of training tips, these are great at home trainings for you to try.
- Episode 1 - Fielding with the Sky Sports White Sox, The Lewin Sisters | Home Advantage
- Episode 2 - Hitting with the Sky Sports White Sox, The Lewin Sisters | Home Advantage
- Episode 3 - Throwing & Catching Like The Sky Sports White Sox | Home Advantage
- Episode 4 - Infield drills with The Sky Sports White Sox | Home Advantage
- Episode 5 - Bat Tricks with Cole Evans | Home Advantage
ECB COACHES TIPS
See here some great at home tips from Troy one of our ECB Coaches.
- Troy showing a softball throw wrist work drill CLICK HERE
- Troy shows No Glove, Glove work drill CLICK HERE
- Troy shows you how to pratice batting at home CLICK HERE
LOOKING AFTER YOUR SOFTBALL GLOVE
- Store your glove during these winter months on a shelf in a cool dry place, or at room temperature.
- Don't leave your glove sitting around outside, near a heater, or in your gear bag.
- Keep your glove dry. If your glove gets wet, dry if off as well as you can with a clean absorbent rag and let it naturally air dry.
- For leather gloves, add some glove oil or conditioner using safe leather porduct. Allow to dry fully before storing.
- Shape your glove, place a softball in the pocket of your glove and wrap it up, to help maintain it's shape. You can wrap using a glove wrap, or string or shoe laces
- Tighten or retie the laces of your glove.
- Make sure you store with a softball inside the pocket to maintain the shape, you can use a glove wrap or tie a string around the glove to help keep it's shape. If you don't have a softball, roll up some sport socks into a ball shape.